- How does this work?
CLEonline.com courses offer streaming video and audio content (as well as MP3 audio downloads) compatible with your computer, iPhone, iPad, Android & other mobile devices. You can access these CLE programs on demand ... at any time of day or night ... at times convenient to your schedule.
You can easily participate in any of our online CLE courses from wherever you happen to be-- office, home, or via laptop or mobile device from a remote location while you are traveling... as long as you have access to the internet. The majority of our courses also include downloadable MP3 files which can be played via your Ipod, mobile device, or other MP3 player without requiring internet access (once downloaded to your device).
Unlike traditional courses, you don't have to make any adjustments to your schedule or appointments ... and you don't have to complete a course all in one sitting either. You can come and go and accumulate your time at your convenience. The end result is a better and more enjoyable CLE learning experience for YOU!
- What do I need to participate?
- All you need in order to participate in one of our online courses is a computer or a mobile device with an internet browser and an internet connection.
In addition, you don't have to log on from the same computer each time. As long as you have access to the internet and your username and password, you can access our site and fully participate in one of our convenient courses from wherever you may be (office, home, a hotel room, etc.)
CLEonline.com courses typically include both streaming video and audio materials (as well as downloadable MP3 audio) and written materials.
- How do I register?
- To register for any of or CLEonline.com courses, just follow these steps:
- Click the SIGNUP tab above and complete the New User Signup form. There is no cost to become a registered user and you do not have to be an attorney to register on our site. Select your own username and password
- Then, click the LOGIN tab above and enter your username and password. This will take you to our MAIN page where you can click the link labeled Register for New Course.
- View the CLE COURSES LIST and click on any course title to see a full description of that course. Select the courses of your choice and click Add to Shopping Cart button.
- Once you have finished adding your courses to your Shopping Cart, just click the Continue With Checkout button and select your payment method.
- After selecting your method of payment, click the Continue to Final Checkout button and follow the instructions to complete your transaction. Once your transaction is completed, you will have the option to print out your RECEIPT.
- Can I get CLE Credits?
Yes. CLEonline.com programs are all accredited through the STATE BAR OF TEXAS and you can satisfy ALL of your annual CLE credits through our online CLE courses (just like traditional live CLE courses). When you complete one of our courses online, you will need to file your credits directly to your MCLE record at the State Bar.
Direct link to the State Bar Of Texas MCLE website
You can also contact the SBOT MCLE Department directly by calling at 1-800-204-2222, ext. 1806.
Just like Texas, California attorneys can also satisfy ALL of their required CLE credits through our online CLE courses. CLEonline.com has been designated as an approved California MCLE provider by the STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA, so all of our online CLE courses are automatically accredited in California. These are regular participatory credit hours just like you would get from traditional live CLE courses and there is NO LIMIT on the number of credit hours that you can earn each year through online CLE courses.
Regular CLE credits for most of our courses are also available in many other states through CLE RECIPROCITY (such as in FLORIDA) or through accreditation by the STATE BAR OF TENNESSEE, as an "APPROVED JURISDICTION".
- Where can I get the Texas MCLE course number for a course for which I am registered?
Once you have registered for your course and click the Go My Courses link, you will see the course number assigned for that course by the MCLE Committee of the State Bar of Texas (highlighted in yellow) in the header information as well as on each of the pages within the course.
- Is there a fee for these courses and how can it be paid?
- Yes, the registration fee for most of our online CLE courses is approximately $25 per credit hour and even substantially less when you take advantage of our many available discounts. Your credit card information is transmitted safely and securely using a National Merchant Banking Provider.
- When do I need to register for an online course in order to participate?
- Once you have registered and paid for a course, you can access it whenever you want and as many times as you want during the course through the 'Session End Date'. You don't have to complete the course all in one sitting, so you can come and go as often as you wish.
- I'm having trouble registering for a course. I keep clicking the buttons as set out in the instructions, but I can't complete the registration transaction. What could be the problem?
If you are accessing our site from behind a firewall, you may need to check with your IT or network administrator to adjust the firewall settings to allow access.
Also, sometimes your session connection to our server may have timed out and it may be necessary to clear your cache and re-establish a fresh connection to our server. A lot of problems can be resolved simply by restarting your computer, relaunching your Internet Web browser program (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.) and then, returning to our website with a fresh internet connection.
- Once I've registered for a course, where do I go next?
- Simply click on the LOGIN tab and enter your username and password. On the MAIN page, click the link Go to My Courses. On the 'MY COURSES' page, please just click on the title of any course(s) for which you are currently registered to access your course.
- Once I have registered for a course, do I have to complete it right away and do I have to finish it all in one sitting?
- No. This is one of the key benefits to our online CLE courses. You can come and go from the course at times that are convenient to you ... at any time of the day or night.
- Do I have to schedule a time to take a course and do I have to be online at a certain time?
- No. Once you have registered for one of our CLEonline.com courses, you can participate in that course at ANY TIME through the 'Session End Date'.
- I'm having trouble accessing the streaming video or audio materials for my course. What can I do?
- Please make sure that your internet connection is working properly. Also, if you are accessing our site from behind your firm's firewall, you may need to check with your IT or network administrator to adjust the firewall settings to allow access to streaming or downloadable materials.
- Are all of your courses accredited for CLE hours by the MCLE Committee of the State Bar of Texas?
- Yes. Under the amended MCLE rules adopted in 1996 by the State Bar of Texas, 'online CLE courses' can now be accredited for participatory CLE credit just like traditional CLE courses. This is the same type of CLE credit that you would be able to earn from a traditional live CLE course. Also, there is NO LIMIT on the number of CLE credit hours that you can earn each year through online CLE courses. This also includes legal ethics credits as well. So, you can easily satisfy ALL of your Texas MCLE requirements through our CLEonline.com courses.
- What about California?
- Yes. CLEonline.com is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider pursuant to Sec. 9 of the California MCLE Rules and Regulations. So, ALL of our online CLE courses are approved for participatory CLE credits in California. Just as with Texas, there is NO LIMIT on the number of credit hours that can be earned through online courses, so you can easily satisfy ALL of your California MCLE requirements through our CLEonline.com courses.
- Can I get credit in New York?
New York attorneys can also earn CLE credits toward their New York MCLE requirements through our online CLE courses when the course has received accreditation in Tennessee (an Approved Jurisdiction). Please click on the specific course title for the full Course Description to the view the accreditation information on our CLE Courses List page.
The New York MCLE regulations require that you verify your completion of the course materials for an online CLE course through a Validation System that we have established on our website. When you listen to the video/audio materials, a validation code will be mentioned at some point during the course of the presentation. This Validation Code will be required in order to verify your completion of the course materials and to generate the required documentation that you will need to claim your New York CLE credits for each course.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are licensed in New York, please be sure that your user record properly reflects your New York license.
- Can I get credit in other states?
- Several other states will now allow CLE credits for online CLE courses. A number of states, such as Florida, will allow credit for our online CLE courses based on the fact that they have been accredited for participatory credit by another MCLE state through CLE Reciprocity.
The majority of CLEonline.com courses have already received accreditation in the state of Tennessee, through the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education. Please click on the accreditation in Tennessee (an Approved Jurisdiction). Please click on the specific course title for the full Course Description to the view the accreditation information on our CLE Courses List page.
If you are licensed in another state, please contact the MCLE office in your state to inquire about the status of their rules and policies for online CLE credit.
- How do I accumulate my hours for a CLEonline.com course?
- Just as with a traditional CLE course, your CLE credits are determined by the actual amount of time you spend participating in one of our online CLE courses.
- Who keeps up with the time I have accumulated on a course?
- During the course of one of our online courses, you can keep up with the time that you accumulate in any manner you wish.
For your convenience, we offer a feature titled Access Your Records on the MAIN page which allows you to review both past and current pertinent course information.
- How are my CLE credits reported for a CLEonline.com course?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Under the Texas MCLE Rules, you will need to report your CLE credits for any courses directly to your official MCLE record at the State Bar by the last day of your birth month in order to avoid a non-compliance penalty fee. You can go directly to this State Bar of Texas MCLE page by clicking the following link:
Direct link to the State Bar of Texas MCLE website
After you login, please click the link to 'Add Course or Self-Study Credit'. Then, simply enter the TX MCLE course number for your course along with the accumulated CLE hours to your MCLE record. Should you have any questions about using the MCLE system to record your credits on your MCLE record, please call the MCLE Dept. of the State Bar at 1-800-204-2222, ext. 1806.
Since the California Bar does not require central reporting of your CLE credits for each course, after you complete one of our CLEonline.com courses, you can simply download and print a Uniform Certificate of Attendance form (on the COMPLETE COURSE page) for your course. This is a form that you will need to complete, sign and keep in your MCLE file at your office. You do not need to file this with the California Bar and there is no reporting form that we as the CLE provider have to file with the Bar to verify your participation in the course. You will need to keep this certificate in your files for purposes of a possible audit by the Bar pursuant to the California MCLE rules.
For Other States
Several other states will now allow CLE credits for online CLE courses. A number of states, such as Florida, will allow credit for our online CLE courses based on the fact that they have been accredited for participatory credit by another MCLE state through CLE Reciprocity.
The majority of CLEonline.com courses have already received accreditation in the state of Tennessee, through the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education. Please click on the course title on the CLE COURSES LIST for the full Course Description to the view the accreditation information.
There may be more specific CLE reporting requirements in your jurisdiction, so we strongly encourage you to please contact the MCLE department or office in your state to find out the exact reporting procedures that they require.